Wednesday, June 20, 2018

When You Receive a New Companion Two Weeks Into the Transfer

Hello Everyone!

This week, sister Burrows and I went from being a duo to a trio (The Three Shimaites). We're pleased to welcome in Howell Shimai to the companionship! Howell Shimai is a Sendai Mission gem. Seriously love her so much!

Here's a little more about Howell Shimai!

Age: 19

Hometown: Doesn't have one.

Hobbies: Hiding under her desk and collecting dinosaurs. (She didn't say this but she's also very musically talented!)

Favorite Food: Today, cheese.

Favorite Japanese phrase: Tabemasyou! (Let's eat!)

Dream job: Playing violin in an orchestra.

Working in a trio definitely has it's advantages; like having three testimonies, more meal options, less cleaning time, intimidation factor, never ever being alone, etc. There's more to work with and more to benefit from. I like it.

As for other news, Sister Ishikawa (my old comp) and I have been busy preparing a training for zone conference this week. Something that we've studied intensely is the concept of faith. More specifically, developing the kind of faith to fulfill our righteous desires. We all have goals, whether it be the goal to find a stable career, raise a good family, etc. Or for missionaries, to see baptisms and invite others to come unto Christ. Desire, faith and action are necessary in order to achieve these types of goals. However, the true measure of our faith depends on our devotion, or doing the things we do everyday for an extended period of time.

"You will never experience the principle of faith to any great extent in your life unless you are willing to work at it consistently over a sustained period of time." - Grant Von Harrison

As we continue exercising our faith even during the difficult times, the Lord will fulfill all our righteous desires.

Church is true everyone!

愛してます! (I love you!)

Matsuura Shimai

Photo 1: Family pic: Burrows Shimai (My baby), Howell Shimai (My wife), Sato Shimai (My Senior Senior Companion).

Photo 2: A cultural experience

Photo 3: Flashback to when I had to say goodbye to Sister Matsuura





No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...