Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The Miracles Continue!

Hello from Morioka!
We all went to separate zones πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­
It`s been an eventful week here in the mission field! Lot of changes took place. It was so sad to say goodbye to Sister Burrows, Howell and Jeong, but I'm also excited to start working with three new sisters in Morioka!
 The many goodbye shots of me and Sister Burrows

THE MIRACLES CONTINUE
The biggest miracle this week was Nakata San coming to General Conference! He attended the Sunday morning session and remained alert the entire time. He sang along to the hymns and echoed the loudest "Amen!" following each speaker. He especially loved Elder Ballard`s talk on the "Redemption of the Dead" and felt peace through its message. After receiving the news of his daughter`s death two months ago, he was devastated. Little by little as he`s continued learning about Jesus Christ and the power of the Atonement, he has been able to gain a renewed sense of hope! After General Conference, he marveled at the peace he felt and expressed his desire to become a disciple of Jesus Christ for the remainder of his life. He thanked us for introducing this wonderful gospel to him! Please continue to keep Nakata San in your prayers 😊.

MY NEW COMPANION
Sister Cromar is my new companion who happens to be from REXBURG IDAHO! I consider myself so blessed to have been able to work with two Idahoan sisters in the mission! Sister Cromar is so full of energy and has a great love for missionary work. She ran track and cross country in high school and did ballet for 14 years. So yes, she's super athletic. She`s also IN LOVE with Japan and isn't afraid to talk to everyone on the streets! I'm excited to be working this transfer with her!
My new comp Sister Cromar from Rexburg, Idaho!

Here's a little more about Sister Cromar

Favorite thing about Japan?
"The people! I like them more than my family and I love my family."

Favorite food?
"I really like chicken alfredo! It's so oishii! I especially love it when my mom makes it because she puts broccoli bits in it."

Biggest fear?
"Dogs! My neighbors owned these huge pit bulls. One day when I was six, I was playing outside when one of the dogs started chasing me. As I was trying to climb into a truck for cover, the dog bit my leg. I was traumatized. "

Role Model?
"Sister Matsuura!" <-- I support this.

Favorite Scripture?
"Alma 26:12"


ISRAEL, ISRAEL GOD IS CALLING
We housed into a Buddhist man (story of every day as a missionary in Japan). But this time we somehow started up a pretty good discussion with him. The topic eventually led to hymns  and then out of no where he started singing the tune to "Israel,  Israel God is Calling." We joined in and here we were γƒΌ two missionaries and a Buddhist man singing a a hymn on his doorstep. We invited him to church to come sing more hymns. He said he would when he had time!

Thats just a little rundown of this week! Thank you so much for all your prayers.

愛しています!

Love,
Matsuura Shimai

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...