Tuesday, December 25, 2018

I'M COMING HOME

Just a short one this week to let everyone know that I've transferred to my new, and probably last area in the mission! I've been assigned to serve in the Sendai area! Coming home to the city of my childhood:) There are three areas in this city because it`s HUGE. Not as big as Tokyo but definitely a 1000000× bigger than Blackfoot.

Fall back to MLC!


The ward I'm serving in is called Izumi. Fun fact: my mom and I came to this ward 7 years ago to visit some of her old church friends. Walking in on Sunday it was nice to some familiar faces!

My new companion is Sister Suzuki from Saitama (a place just north of Tokyo). She`s only in her second transfer but I feel like she`s training me half the time!  Here's a little more about her😊.

Hobbies: Singing and listening to music! (Jpop)

Favorite animal: Penguin!

Favorite English phrase: All is well!

Food that she hates: Cheese!! (Nooo)

Favorite Scripture: Alma 34:31

 We performed Christmas carols at a botanical cultural hall. Great way to share the Gospel while celebrating the Christmas season😊

I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season! Please stay warm, serve others, and always remember the Savior!

So much love for you all!
Matsuura Shimai

My beloved Ishikawa Shimai has completed her mission an has returned safely home to Nagoya. We were in Hachinohe together exactly one year ago today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...