Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Join the Work!

1/23/18 

I lost the only key to our apartment today. We spent the whole afternoon searching for it without any luck. Not alot of time to write but I'll share the highlight of this week!

WASABI-FILLED OREOS

Well not really, but kind of! We got to give the people of Hachinohe a little taste of America this week! We hosted an America Party, complete with music, disco ball, sloppy joes, baked beans, root beer and yes... wasabi filled oreos (would not recommend). It was quite the experience! Best part was, we had 22 nonmembers attend! Including a young family of four that we housed just the day before! The numbers exceeded our expectations.

We encouraged members to invite their friends, family members and they did! We are starting to see the miracles of member missionary work here in Hachinohe.



This week, I would like to issue a challenge to everyone. Obtain a copy of the Book of Mormon it doesn't have to be expensive. Read it from cover to cover and mark your favorite verses. After you finish, write your testimony in the front or back cover. Then pray for an opportunity to give it to someone! My promise to you is that the Lord will place someone in your path.

Your testimony will grow and I know someone will be touched by your gift. Their life will change! And so will yours:)

This church is true!

I love you all,
Matsuura Shimai

p.s. Ishikawa Shimai and I also performed a mission version of "A Whole New World" at the America Party. Yes there's a video and yes it was embarrassing. If you would like to see it, let me know and I'll send it your way:).


Photos: Help the missionaries out. Share this book!



No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...