Monday, December 25, 2017

First Snow First Transfer

Dec 12, 2017

Hello from Snowy Yamagata!


Yamagata Bishopric

Feel like I've been all over the world this week. By all over I mean five hours north to a place called Misawa, also the home of an American Air Force Base.

THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME...
and beds, and couches, and garbage disposals... We got a taste of all those American luxuries last week when we went to Misawa for a mission-wide Christmas conference. We stayed in American members' homes and ate American food! It was quite the American experience.


WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU REJECT THE MISSIONARIES?
God will make you fall down so those same missionaries you rejected can give you helping hand. Sister Snow and I were streeting this week when we approached an elderly couple. The old man just swiped his finger at us and commanded us to walk away. We walked around the block and ended up where we started, only to find the same old man on the ground and his panicked wife by his side. Without thinking twice, we ran to their aid. We helped the old man into a wheelchair and helped lift him into his house. As I was lifting him I remember him looking straight into my eyes, probably thinking, 'What are you doing here?!' But then he mouthed "okay." His wife thanked us and we continued on our way.
 
Sword man. Waved at him a couple times as he was going in and out of this building. Might be a potential investigator. Who knows.
FAREWELL YAMAGATA
Yes this is my first time transferring as a missionary. It's a hard experience, not going to lie. I told the Lord that I wouldn't mind if my mission was changed to the Yamagata Japan mission, but His will always prevails and I'm very excited to serve in my new area - Hachinohe! It's located about four hours north of Yamagata and is right next to the ocean! Also, I will be paired with my first Nihonjin (Japanese) companion! Yes I'm going to be speaking 100% Japanese from here on out, at least that's the goal. More to come next week...

Love you all!

Matsuura Shimai


2 Nephi 25:26
愛する Habuki Shimai and Ikeno Kyoudai

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...