Monday, December 25, 2017

Meet my new companion

Dec 18, 2017

Greetings everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season so far!

I'm now serving in an area called Hachinohe (direct translation 8 doors). It's located in northern Tohoku right next to the ocean and the American base of Misawa. The winds are relentless and the hills are neverending. But, it has a special small town(ish) charm to it. Feels like home! Also, this place is famous for their fish, so all you sushi lovers need to stop by!

My new companion is Ishikawa Shimai! A literal angel from heaven. Here is the information I gathered from a 5 minute interview with her.

Ishikawa Shimai


Hometown: Nagoya, Japan
Age: 22
Transfer: 6
Occupation: Nurse (Pro at giving shots)
Hobbies: Watching Korean dramas and going to cafe's
Favorite english phrase: "I don't know."
Favorite food: pasta and pineapples (not together though)
Secret talent: Kendo (Japanese sword martial arts)
Favorite disney princess: Ariel
Spirit animal: dolphin
Favorite scripture: Isaiah 55:8-9

I have loved serving with Ishikawa Shimai for the past week. She is one of the hardest working missionaries out there and we are determined to see miracles this transfer!
 
On Sunday we all went to the nearby town of Towada to do some finding and boost missionary work in the area!


We`ve been taking a slightly different approach to missionary work the past couple weeks in preparation for the Christmas season. We've been asking people what they know about Christmas and surprisingly, quite a few people know that it's the time to honor the birth of our Savior.

One of the ways we can honor Christ this Christmas is to talk about Him, to testify of Him, to remember Him by serving those around us (2 Nephi 25:26). I can honestly say that the Christmas spirit has never felt more real to me as it does now.

My prayers are with you always. Stay warm!

Church is true.

Love,

Matsuura Shimai
Mission photoshoot from forever ago #tbt #SisterBean





No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...