Friday, March 2, 2018

Working alongside the best!

Feb 12, 2018

I can't believe I'm almost 7 months in the mission already! Seems just like yesterday I was a brand new missionary learning how to ride a bike in a dress and cluelessly following my trainer around Yamagata!

This week we had a finding blitz where 10 of us missionaries gathered in a newly opened area (Towada, about an hour north from Hachinohe) and dedicated an entire day to finding and creating a strong base of investigators. We housed the heck out of that place... and put the heaven in it ;) Together, we were able to find seven new investigators!

This experience allowed me ponder something that I've always been so grateful for since coming to Japan - working alongside some of the best people ever. I love the Japan Sendai missionaries! Never have I worked alongside people who are so willing to forget themselves in the service of others and who strive to emulate Christ in every aspect of their lives.

I'm especially grateful for my companions. From my trainer Sister Bean, who by the joined me up north and is serving as my STL (yay!), to Sister Snow who is still working wonders in Yamagata, to my current companion Ishikawa Shimai, who is wonderful as always.

I'm grateful for the time and place I get to serve the Lord. For the people I've met, for the lessons I've learned. But most importantly I'm grateful for the relationship I've developed with my Savior Jesus Christ.

He lives! I know that through, and only through Jesus Christ, we can receive the blessings of eternal life and experience more joy than we are able to contain. I'm grateful for the calling to share this wonderful message with the people of Japan.

Let us all continue moving forward with faith and seek for opportunities to share the gospel with those around us.

I wish you all the best!

Church is TRUE.

Love,
Sister Matsuura

Mosiah 4:11-12

P.S. Special thank you to Jordyn Kylee Hansen who updates my blog! Even though she's like super popular, is planning a wedding, and has no time, she still makes time to consistently post! You are my hero Jo <3.

jo
The District Pyramid 
Towada and Goshogawara Blitz


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...