Friday, March 2, 2018

Windy days, a marriage proposal, and Patti the missionary

This is a normal day for us

THIS WEEK'S WEATHER REPORT
It was probably the windiest day in Hachinohe history - the type of wind that pushes you two steps back for every step you take forward as you're fighting to breathe. After about 10 minutes of walking against the wind, I raised both my arms to the heavens and yelled "STOP!" Except it was more like "STOćƒ¼" because before I even got to the P, God amped up the windometer like 20 notches and a giant gust of wind hit me like a brick wall and I fell backward from the force. A simple experience really, but it reminded me of the importance of not commanding God. EVER. I am dust. I am nothing without Him.

WAIT... DID SHE JUST PROPOSE TO HIM?
So the sub-heading gives it away, but we low-key witnessed a proposal this week. We've been doing joint Shuwa (Japanese sign language) lessons with a man named Takebayashi san. He`s a referral from one of the members, Sister Hirano, who also happens to be his girlfriend. We taught the plan of salvation, with a special focus on eternal marriage and the Celestial kingdom. During the lesson, Sister Hirano bore a beautiful testimony and then talked about how she wanted to go to the Celestial kingdom with Takebayashi san. To say he was happy was an understatement! So yes, the goal now is to not only see a baptism, but an eternal marriage!

OUR RECENT CONVERT TURNED MISSIONARY
Our recent convert Sister Patti is still thriving! She's taking her conversion to a whole new level and taking part in missionary work. One of our Eikawa students, Watanabe San, came to church for the first time this Sunday. She came because she wanted to meet Sister Patti and speak English with her. As we were sitting in Sunday School, Patti turned to Watanabe San and asked her if she has ever read the Book of Mormon. She then went off and started bearing her testimony of how she came to know the Book of Mormon is true. She finished off with extending an invitation to Watanabe San to read the Book of Mormon and to continue coming to church every week. She accepted Patti's invitation and said she would start coming to church! Patti is my hero.

My thoughts and prayers with you always!

Love,
Sister Matsuura

1 Nephi 19:9


 Mission wide snow ball fight!! (Northern missionaries take on the southern). More details to come later!

Round mochi on a stick with miso flavoring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...