Monday, February 25, 2019

Committed to the work

2/11/2019

The ONLY funny photo you will ever see of my grandparents!

Hello Everyone!

We had interviews with President Sekiguchi yesterday. Besides putting in a request for electric bikes (Izumi is famous for it's killer hills), the things discussed were:

- Matsuura Shimai needs to get a haircut
- Matsuura Shimai needs to go to an onsen (public bath)
- Within these final two months, Matsuura Shimai needs to commit herself and work harder than ever before.

I truly believe in the importance of being obedient to your mission president! Although yes, a haircut is important as well as onsens, the point I want to focus on is commitment.

As missionaries, I'd say one of our special skills is extending commitments. We also have a strong testimony of the blessings from keeping commitments, mainly because we too have to make promises with the Lord every day.

This week we made a commitment as an entire mission for each companionship to achieve the standard (Find three new people to teach, teach 15 lessons, extend a baptism date, etc.). Our joined efforts have led to some amazing miracles, including 5 baptisms!

When we align our will with God's, pray for the righteous desire of our hearts, and commit to do our part -- He will ALWAYS FULFILL HIS PROMISES.

That I have a sure testimony of.

Mika Shimai (girl in the middle holding all the gifts) is reporting to the MTC today! She`s going to serve in Hawaii at the temple visitor's center!

It's surreal knowing that my time as a full-time missionary is nearing its end, but I promise to give my all with the remaining time I have!

Thank you for your support and prayers.

LET`S GO SEE MIRACLES!

Love,
Matsuura Shimai

P.S. If you can slip in a couple of these names when you're saying your prayers, that would be much appreciated. Sakurai San - The wife of a recent convert who we plan on extending a baptism date to this week. Hiromi and Yoshie Sato - my dear grandparents:)

Flashback photo of my mom (girl with the bangs) in her early school days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...