Sunday, March 24, 2019

My Grandparents Came to Church!

from left to right) Sister Kumagai, Sister Young, Grandpa, Sister Matsuura, Grandma, Elder Norrbom, Elder Nishida
2/26

We`ve been meeting with and teaching my grandparents every week for the past couple months now. This past Sunday, they came to church for the first time!

They showed up an hour early from the time expected, dressed in their Sunday best! My grandparents are adorable! I will attach pics in the email so you can see for yourself:)

We were able to do a joint lesson with Sister Kumagai, an old family friend of my grandpa. Both their families lived in Manchuria (a region in northeastern China) for a time after WWII. They took turns sharing stories about their families, which eventually led to a discussion on family history and temples!

My grandma, a lover of art, walked around the church building admiring all the paintings of Christ. She stopped in front of the painting of Jesus Christ visiting the Americas and pointed at his hands and feet. My companion explained to her about how Christ died and suffered on the cross for us. My grandma responded, "Wow. Jesus is amazing."

Jesus really is amazing! I think my grandparents are starting to realize the same thing as well.

Thank you for your prayers!

LET'S GO SEE MIRACLES!

Love,
Sister Matsuura

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...