Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Two Idahoans in Hachinohe

New transfer, same area, NEW COMPANION.

Let me introduce you to Sister Jacobson. She's bold, fearless, has an amazing sense of style, and is already good at understanding Japanese despite being in the field for only a week!

She's also from the best state in the America. You guessed right. IDAHO. I never thought I'd have the opportunity to serve in Japan with a fellow Idahoan. We understand the same humor, have the same dialect, love Napolean Dynamite and are both SO PASSIONATE about potatoes! She's from Twin Falls and has SO MUCH Idaho pride. I love it.

Here are some fun facts about Sister Jacobson!

Favorite Food: Chicken, Japanese chocolate
Favorite Japanese word: "Imo" a type of potato in Japanese. That's my Idaho girl!
Hobbies and Talents: Public speaking, skiing, soccer, hurdling, drinking water, and rock climbing
Future Goals: Graduate from BYU in International Relations and then go to law school. Yes. She's smart.
Fashion statement: Leopard print
Spirit Animal: elephant, she loves elephants
Favorite aspect of missionary work: Talking to people!
Other: She's a self-proclaimed "granola", meaning she loves the outdoors.
Favorite scripture: 3 Nephi 11 (the entire chapter)

Sister Jacobson is so fun and she has fresh MTC fire!

GETTING LOST. AGAIN
Here`s another story of how God brought about a miracle through my many weaknesses as a missionary. We had plans to go visit a less active and long story short I ended up getting us lost. But to make good use of our time, we decided to go finding in the area that we accidentally stumbled upon. The fifth door we knocked on, we were greeted by the cutest bachan (grandma) ever. She was about four feet tall and had the sweetest smile. She invited us inside and we were able to give her a Book of Mormon and introduce the gospel to her. An interesting fact about this woman is that one of the kanji in her first name is 信, which is also the kanji for "belief" and "faith". Definitely not a coincidence! She invited us to come back anytime, and we hope to do all we can to draw her closer to the Savior.

The Lord really does use our weaknesses (i.e. my lacking sense of direction) to keep us humble and make us useful instruments to fulfill His plan. Grateful to be a part of this work!

I love you all! Seriously, I tear up a little everytime I think about all the wonderful people God has placed in my life. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Love,
Matsuura Shimai

P.S. Thank you to everyone who has liked and/or shared our "Hana wa Saku" video! I am sending blessings your way:)


 
New district doing the "Gagnon" pose

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE GRAND FINALE - I'm coming home for reals!

Hello Family and Friends!  Here we are, my final email as a full-time missionary. Thank you for letting me share my mission with you! I...